Monday, April 7, 2014

It's the most wonderful time of the year

So I was a bit too much like my mom and cried through all of General Conference. It was just so inspiring and exactly what I needed. One of the investigators we brought afterwards said it was not what she was expecting. That they were just normal people who talked about things we already know. It made me so sad that she didn't realize the power in those words. How when we listen it's not really about what they say but what God tells us personally AS we listen to their inspired words. It made me think about how people have always rejected God's prophets. Or how the Jews said the same things about Jesus. He wasn't what they expected because he came from humble circumstances. But it doesn't change the fact that He was indeed the Son of God. It really showed me that it all has to do with our desires. If we go with intentions to figure out how we can be better, God will surely tells us.

Speaking of General Conference telling us how to be better...Who's going to be reading Preach My Gospel and sending me their insights? (Mom, I'll be holding you to that promise!) And inviting someone quarterly to learn more about the restored gospel? If we really believe the apostles are who they say they are, we'll do it because it's direct counsel from God! I especially loved Elder Ballard's words because he talked about being in Argentina. Presidente Levrino said that when he was here, he rededicated Argentina to be a place where the gospel will be preached.

This whole week we worked with the sister of a recent convert. She knows it all but she's also A know-it-all and quite a bit on the rebellious side. But half of the time she is really excited about the gospel. We literally did everything so she could get baptized this week. When she came to conference she had an interview with our district leader and everything. But she just doesn't want to even though she says she knows it's true. It's hard when we can't force people to do the things we know are right. But we'll just trust in God to soften her heart until she can realize the choice she needs to make.

We did exchanges with the sisters in Tafi Viejo. I got to see Hermana Quispe! I fell in love with Tafi Viejo right away. It's super pretty and clean. Haha but what it doesn't have is the super cool horse drawn carts that are everywhere in Bella Vista. Sometimes I feel like I'm living in a scene from Little House on The Prairie because the horse drawn carts aren't a rare find. They are all over the place. People work driving cargo around in their horse carts. Or some ride through the neighborhoods selling vegetables or pastries. It's unlike anything I've ever seen before! When you get on the freeway there are signs that indicate that horse carriages are not allowed!. Haha

Well I hope you all enjoyed conference and are going to review the talks. As President Monson said they deserve careful study!

Much Love,
Hermana Pearson
Takes ''Open toed shoes'' to a whole new level

Saying Goodbye to Axel

No comments:

Post a Comment